This article assumes you are familiar with building invoices in CounselGO. If not, please see this overview.
- Invoices may require timekeepers, based on your client's billing guidelines. If this client requires them, make sure to set up your timekeepers before attempting to submit invoices.
- Many clients require that a PDF copy of the invoice be submitted with the LEDES formatted file. Therefore, CounselGO recommends that you confirm billing guidelines with your clients before invoicing.
- CounselGO recommends that you verify that the PDF and LEDES invoice amounts you submit to the client reflect any discounts, so that the PDF and electronic amounts match across formats (PDF, LEDES, etc.).
Attach a PDF file to a non-LEDES Invoice
You upload the PDF as a part of the standard add a New non-LEDES Invoice process.
- Click the New Invoice (top right) button to build the invoice manually.
- Click I don't have LEDES files. The Manual Invoice page opens.
- Complete the fields as usual.
- Click Add Attachments.
- Upload the PDF of the invoice or other evidence.
- When you're done, click Submit to Client.
Once you submit an invoice, the invoice cannot be recalled. If you find an error, please reach out to your client to reject the invoice so you may correct the invoice and resubmit it.
Contact Us: For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.