- Invoices required timekeepers. Make sure to set up your timekeepers before attempting to submit invoices.
- Many clients require that a PDF copy of the invoice be submitted with the LEDES formatted file. Therefore, CounselGO recommends that you confirm billing guidelines with your clients before invoicing.
- Click the New Invoice (top right) button. The New Invoice page opens.
- Click I don't have LEDES files. The Manual Invoice page opens.
- In the top panel, enter in invoice details:
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Description
- Invoice Date
- Billing Period Start and End Dates
- Additional Notes/Comments
- Add Attachments to upload a PDF of the invoice or other evidence.
- Select Client Matter... drop-down list of assigned matters, select the matter that this invoice applies to.
- Firm Matter ID.
- Click the + Line Item button. The Add New Line Item pop-up window opens enabling you to fill in the line item information.
- Complete the required fields on this page.
- Type: Select the line item billing type (hourly fee, expense, flat fee, adjustment, tax).
- Date: Date the line item occurred.
- Description of Services: The description of the work done for this line item.
- Units/Hrs: Enter the # of units (for expenses, flat fees, hours, etc.)
NOTE: CounselGO calculates the Line Total. You cannot enter it manually. To set the flat fee or fixed cost, enter a '1' as the hours and the desired amount for the rate.
- Cost/Rate: Enter the line item cost or hourly rate here.
If there are rates with the same ID, the one with the most current effective date will be listed.
- Taxable: If the invoice includes tax, tick the Taxable checkbox and enter in the Tax Rate and Tax Type.
- Click Save and Add Another to continue adding line items or click Save if there are no more line items to be added.
- After you have added all of the line items, please review the entries.
- When the invoice is ready, click Submit To Client (top of the Manual Invoice page).
Once you submit an invoice, the invoice cannot be recalled. If you find an error, please reach out to your client to reject the invoice so you may correct the invoice and resubmit it.
Contact Us: For more information please contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to help.