Submit Standard LEDES Formatted Invoices
- Based on the client's configuration, invoices may required timekeepers. Make sure to set up your timekeepers before attempting to submit invoices.
- Many clients require that a PDF copy of the invoice be submitted with the LEDES formatted file. Therefore, CounselGO recommends that you confirm billing guidelines with your clients before invoicing.
(https://ledes.org/) Formats 1998B and 1998BI V2 are supported.
As a general rule, please use the standard LEDES format for producing invoices for clients using SimpleLegal if possible. There are a number of advantages to this method, including ease of processing for approval and payment.
- Click the New Invoice (top right) button.
- Click I have LEDES files.
- Drag and drop one or more LEDES invoices onto the page, or add them by clicking Choose Files and the file select window.
- If you have a PDF copy of the invoice and the file name of the PDF includes the matching invoice number, you can upload them at this time.
CounselGO uses the invoice numbers in the file names to match the PDF to the invoice.
- Once you have uploaded all invoices, click Next, Validate Invoices to load the invoice information into CounselGO. If successful, the Review page appears.
- With the validated LEDES invoice(s) loaded, you can add attachments, change the currency, enter a matter name, or add notes.
IMPORTANT! Take care when choosing the matter. Selecting the wrong matter will delay processing of the invoice.
- Review the information on this page. Errors on invoices generally require the client to reject the invoice and then request you to submit it again.
- Click Everything Reviewed Submit All Invoices.
Once you submit an invoice, the invoice cannot be recalled. If you find an error, please reach out to your client to reject the invoice so you may correct the invoice and resubmit it.
CounselGO recommends that you verify that the PDF and LEDES invoice amounts you submit to the client reflect any discounts, so that the PDF and electronic amounts match across formats (PDF, LEDES, etc.).
If your Invoices did not Submit to the Client
As needed, click the Draft Invoices (#) link at the top of the page to see LEDES invoices that did not successfully submit to the client. You may be able to correct them and resubmit them from there.
How to submit invoices in LEDES format - general walkthrough video
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.