If the client has turned on the Timekeeper Rate feature in their SimpleLegal installation, they may require vendors to submit negotiated timekeeper rates for approval before your firm's invoices can be approved.
NOTE: The rates submitted to a client are not a replacement for timekeeper rates saved on the CounselGO tab called Law Firm Internal. The Submitted to Client timekeeper rates will default on invoices built for submission to this particular client.
To begin, your firm will complete the timekeeper rate template (attached to this article.)
- To view and submit timekeepers, in CounselGO from the left navigation bar, click Timekeepers.
If the client has enabled the Timekeeper Rates feature, you will see two tabs here.
- Submitted to Client - Timekeeper rates that have been submitted to the client. Rates can be pending (approval), approved, or rejected.
- Law Firm Internal - Timekeeper rates that have not been submitted to the client and reside only in CounselGO.
NOTE: If the client does not allow vendors to submit timekeepers, only the Law Firm Internal tab is seen.
- To upload any timekeepers, click the Submitted to Client tab.
- Click Download Template.
The template file with a header row and instructions downloads to your computer.
- Review any instructional text from the client. They show in the blue field beneath the Submitted to Client heading on the Timekeepers page.
- In the template, retain the top row of column headings, but remove the instructional text,
rows 2 - 7.
- Beginning on row 2, provide the following details, one row per timekeeper.
Column Description Timekeeper ID Required - Unique ID; Text Format Timekeeper First Name Required Timekeeper Last Name Required Classification Optional - check with client if field is required Rate Required - Number Format, .00, no commas. This rate is the negotiated rate between the client and vendor for each timekeeper Rack Rate Number Format, .00, no commas. Optional - check with client if field is required Currency Required - 3 character code such as USD, CAD, etc Location Optional - check with client if field is required Practice Group Optional - check with client if field is required. Your team may call this Practice Area or Matter Group Bar Year (or years experience for paralegals) Optional - check with client if field is required Race/Ethnicity Required only for US vendors Veteran Status Required only for US vendors Required only for US vendors Gender Required only for US vendors Effective Date Required - MM/DD/YYYY Format Reason for Request Optional. Max 250 characters
NOTE: If the same timekeeper works at two different rates, provide two entries - one for each rate.
- Save the file with a .csv extension.
- Back in CounselGO, click Submit to upload the timekeepers.
- Locate the template file.
- You are asked to confirm the submissions.
- Click Yes.
- Click the Pending tab to see the list of timekeepers you just uploaded.
- SimpleLegal notifies the client of the submission. They review and approve or reject the timekeepers.
Once the client approves rates, your firm can submit invoices outlining the work of these timekeepers at these rates.
NOTE: When you select a timekeeper on an invoice this rate will populate automatically. But, you can edit the rate on an invoice line item.
To review any timekeepers, select either of the Submitted to Client or Law Firm Internal tabs.
For any timekeepers submitted to the client, there is a status column showing either Approved, Pending, or Rejected.
- For more details about timekeepers, please see related article here.
Contact Us: Please contact email@example.com for any other questions. We are happy to help.