Some clients do not require vendors to submit timekeeper rates for approval. In this case, you can enter your timekeeper rates in the Law Firm Internal tab under the Timekeepers page so that the list of rates populates when you are manually building invoices with hourly line items.
- Timekeeper rate records submitted to clients (i.e., Submitted to Client tab) do not automatically display on the Law Firm Internal tab.
- You can have the same staff member with the same or different rates between both tabs (i.e., one submitted to the client and one for internal use).
- You can also have the same staff member with multiple rates in one or both tabs by using a unique Timekeeper ID for each rate.
Adding a Timekeeper to Law Firm Internal
1. Go to Timekeepers from the left navigation bar and then click on the Law Firm Internal tab.
2. Click New Timekeeper in the top-right corner of the table.
3. Complete the timekeeper's details in the form and then click Submit.
Repeat the steps above for the internal timekeeper rates you need to enter.
Using Internal TimeKeeper Rates on Invoice Line Items
When adding hourly fee line items to a non-LEDES invoice, you can select a rate from the Timekeeper dropdown list.
NOTE: The dropdown list shows the Timekeeper IDs and general information (e.g., name and cost/rate). The rates without Effective Dates are those added for internal use.