To view and submit timekeepers, select Timekeepers from the left nav bar in CounselGO.
If the client has enabled the ability for its vendors to submit timekeepers to them, there are 2 tabs:
- Submitted to Client - Timekeeper rates that have been submitted to the client. Rates can be pending (approval), approved, or rejected.
- Law Firm Internal - Timekeeper rates that have not been submitted to the client and reside only in CounselGO.
If the client does not allow vendors to submit timekeepers, only the Law Firm Internal tab is seen.
To upload any timekeepers, select the Submitted to Client tab, then Download Template.
Review any instructional text from the client.
In the downloaded template, enter in timekeeper data including
- Timekeeper ID (Required - Unique ID; Text Format)
- Timekeeper First Name (Required)
- Timekeeper Last Name (Required)
- Classification (Optional - check with client if field is required)
- Rate (Required - Number Format) NOTE: This rate is the negotiated rate between the client and vendor for each timekeeper.
- Rack Rate (Number Format, Optional - check with client if field is required)
- Currency (Required - 3 character code such as USD, CAD, etc)
- Location (Optional - check with client if field is required)
- Practice Group (Optional - check with client if field is required)
- Bar Year; or years experience for paralegals (Optional - check with client if field is required)
- Race/Ethnicity (Required only for US vendors)
- Veteran Status (Required only for US vendors)
- Email (Required only for US vendors)
- Gender (Required only for US vendors)
- Effective Date (Required - MM/DD/YYYY Format)
Note: Before submitting the file, remove the instructional text from the template, but keep the headers in row 1.
Save the file as a .csv. Select Submit to upload.
The client will be notified of the submission, and they will then review and approve or reject the timekeepers.
To review any timekeepers, select either of the Submitted to Client or Law Firm Internal tabs.
For any timekeepers submitted to the client, there is a status column showing either Approved, Pending, or Rejected.
Creating a New Invoice
When creating an invoice without using a LEDES file, when there is an hourly line item, the list of timekeepers in the drop down will include all approved and pending timekeepers submitted to your client as well as any Law Firm Internal timekeepers.
If there are rates with the same ID, the one with the most current effective date will be listed.
If needed, the rate can still be manually updated before submitting the invoice.
Please see related help video here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions and we are happy to help.