There can be credits or discounts on an invoice.
- A credit is a specified amount due back to the client based on billing guidelines or predetermined terms.
- A discount is a deducted amount from the invoice.
Prerequisite: Check with the client's billing guidelines if a specific task code is needed.
You have two options for listing a credit amount on an invoice.
- Enter 1 Unit and a negative Cost/Rate for a line item with a custom task code on an invoice with a positive total.
- Enter 1 Unit and a negative Cost/Rate for a line item without a custom task code on an invoice with a negative total.
To list a discount amount on an invoice, you will enter a negative line item on a positive invoice total amount.
The negative adjustment can be set on one of two ways on a line item.
- Enter a Unit/Hours and Cost/Rate for a line item. Then, subtract a discount by entering a negative amount in the Adj. (adjustment) field.
5 hours multiplied by a rate of 500 minus a 100 adjustment
- Enter a Unit of 1 and a Cost of the negative amount.
1 Unit multiplied by Cost of -125
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.