A Client Matter ID is a unique identifier generated by SimpleLegal for each matter. It is used to connect invoices to the relevant matters for billing purposes.
To find your referred matters for invoicing and their Client Matter IDs:
1. Log into CounselGO and select the client from the My Clients list.
2. Click on Matters from the navigation bar on the left.
NOTE: If you do not see an expected matter on the list, contact your client directly for assistance. This may mean that the matter has not yet been created or assigned in SimpleLegal.
This opens the Referred Matters page, which lists the matters you are currently assigned to for invoicing.
The columns on the Referred Matters page display the following information:
- Client Matter ID: Unique ID generated by SimpleLegal to associate incoming invoices to the relevant matter. Client Matter IDs are case sensitive.
- Accepted prior to: Indicates up until what date invoices can be submitted for a matter, if specified by the client.
- Name: Name of the matter.
- Bill Legal Entity: Entity that is incurring the debt, if specified by the client.
- Description: Summary of the matter, if specified by the client.
Click on a row to see the matter record, including any associated invoices. For more information about the details shown for individual matters in CounselGO, click here.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you include the correct Client Matter ID on invoices you submit. The Client Matter ID is case sensitive and should be listed exactly as it appears in CounselGO.