One invoice can be created with line items that bill for more than one matter. Before continuing, however, please confirm whether your client allows multi-matter invoicing.
This article covers how to invoice for more than one matter while adding line items for non-LEDES invoices or LEDES invoices. For general instructions on how to create invoices, refer to the following articles:
multi-matter non-LEDES invoice
Fill in the details in the first section of the new invoice and then follow these steps:
1. Select the first matter for which you are invoicing from the Select Client Matter drop-down.
2. Enter the Firm Matter ID.
3. Click + Line Item and fill in all required details.
4. Click Save and Add Another if there are additional line items for the first matter, or click Save if you are done adding line items for the selected matter.
5. Click + Add Line Items for Another Matter at the bottom of the page.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above for any additional matters.
7. Review and complete the invoice and then click Save Invoice or Submit to Client.
NOTE: If you need to remove line items for a specific matter from the invoice, click Remove Matter.
multi-matter LEDES invoice
Identify which row addresses which matter using the following values:
- MATTER_NAME (LEDES98BI V2)
Build the LEDES file and upload it as usual.
For additional information invoicing in CounselGO, such as line item discounts, click here.
Article is closed for comments.