In CounselGO, a single invoice can be created with line items for address different matters.
NOTE: Not all clients allow for these types of invoices, so please check with them first.
For LEDES invoices, you can have multiple matters on the same invoice. Identify which row addresses which matter using the following two values:
Non LEDES Invoice
Here is an example of the New Invoice page.
- When creating an invoice without a LEDES file, fill in the main invoice details on the top section.
- In the middle of the page, in the Select Client Matter drop-down list, choose a matter to invoice against.
- To the right of the matter number, click +Line Item.
- Add all the necessary line item(s) for the matter.
- Repeat until all line items are added for this matter.
- Below the Line Item area, find +Add Line Items for Another Matter.
Click this to add line items for a different matter.
- Continue adding line items until the invoice is complete.
- At the top of the page, click Save Invoice.
- When it's ready, click Submit to Client to send the invoice to your client in SimpleLegal.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.