There are many times where a vendor will submit an invoice through CounselGO and they will receive the following error:
Here are the top things to look at in troubleshooting this error.
- The LEDES was not recognized in the standard LEDES format (LEDES1998B or LEDES98BI).
- The header identifier row is missing (LEDES1998B or LEDES98BI) and should only be listed once.
- There are extra or missing columns (There should be 24 columns for LEDES1998B and 51 columns for LEDES98BI).
- The brackets at the end of each line of the file are missing (should always be ).
- There is an incorrect field delimiters (should always be ‘|’ ).
- There are unrecognized or non-ASCII characters.
- The date format should NOT have a '/' in it. It should be format (YYMMDD)
- >The LEDES file was not saved in a .txt or .dat format.
Here is a sample of LEDES 98B Format - https://ledes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Ledes98B-Sample-File-Rev-7-2014.txt
Here is a sample of LEDES 98BI Format - https://ledes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/LEDES98BI-V2-Sample-File-10-2017.txt
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.