This article assumes you are familiar with submitting LEDES file-based invoices. If not please see this overview.
There are many times where a vendor will submit an invoice through CounselGO and they will receive the following error:
The Top Items to Troubleshoot
- The LEDES was not recognized in the standard LEDES format. (LEDES1998B or LEDES98BI V2).
- The header identifier row is missing (LEDES1998B or LEDES98BI V2) and should only be listed once.
- There are extra or missing columns. (There should be 24 columns for LEDES1998B
and 52 columns for LEDES98BI V2).
- The brackets at the end of each line of the file are missing. (Lines must end with )
- There is an incorrect field delimiter. (All should be pipe delimited ‘|’ )
- There are unrecognized or non-ASCII characters.
- The date format should NOT have a '/' in it. (It should be format YYMMDD)
- The LEDES file was not saved in a .txt or .dat format.
Here is a sample of LEDES 98B Format - https://ledes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Ledes98B-Sample-File-Rev-7-2014.txt
Here is a sample of LEDES 98BI Format - https://ledes.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/LEDES98BI-V2-Sample-File-10-2017.txt
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.