Timekeepers are people from your firm who complete billable work. If a client requires timekeeper rates for invoice line items, your firm may periodically need to update rates for one or more timekeepers who were previously submitted/approved. For general information on timekeeper rates in CounselGO, review the Timekeeper Upload section.
To associate an updated rate with an existing timekeeper, you must upload the information using the same timekeeper ID, first name, and last name. Find/verify this information by doing the following:
1. Open the client in CounselGO.
2. Go to Timekeepers in the left-side navigation menu.
3. Type the timekeeper's name into the search field and press enter.
Please make sure to find and verify the timekeeper ID, first name, and last name for each timekeeper whose rate needs to be updated in CounselGO.
Updated timekeeper rates must be uploaded per the following:
- Rate must be less than or greater than the timekeeper's original rate; must be numerical only format using 00.00 (no commas or other characters).
- Effective Date must be later than the timekeeper's original Effective Date; must be entered using MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Rack Rate (if applicable) must be greater than or equal to the timekeeper's new rate; must be numerical only format using 00.00 (no commas or other characters).
For more details on how to format and upload timekeeper details and rates, click on an option below:
The client will be notified of rates that need review/approval. If the same applies to other clients, please make sure to switch into the other client(s) and complete the same steps.