Timekeepers are the people who perform the actions that will be invoiced. Your client chooses whether its invoices require timekeepers.
Periodically your firm may need to change the rates that you charge for one or more timekeeper. Use this procedure to update rates and submit them to the client.
- Open the client to work with.
- From the left navigation bar, click Timekeepers.
For these instructions we will focus on the timekeepers that you have submitted to the client.
- Click the Submitted to Client tab.
- If you have retained your previous timekeeper spreadsheet update it. Otherwise, click Download Template in order to recreate it.
- Review any instructional text from the client. They show in the blue field beneath the Submitted to Client heading on the Timekeepers page.
- In the template, retain the top row of column headings, but remove the instructional text,
rows 2 - 7.
- Beginning on row 2, update any outdated details, one row per timekeeper. Generally you will update the rate and the effective date. Make other updates as needed.
Column Description Timekeeper ID For existing timekeepers, use the same ID as submitted previously Timekeeper First Name Required Timekeeper Last Name Required Classification Your firm may have designated classifications in the Settings feature of CounselGO. Rate Required - Number Format, .00, no commas. This rate is the negotiated rate between the client and vendor for each timekeeper Rack Rate Number Format, .00, no commas. Optional - check with client if field is required. This is the standard rate quoted for this timekeeper, not necessarily the same as the negotiated rate. Currency Required - 3 character code such as USD, CAD, etc. Here is a list of ISO 4217 currency codes. See "Active Codes" Location Optional - check with client if field is required Practice Group Optional - check with client if field is required. Your team may call this Practice Area or Matter Group Bar Year (or years experience for paralegals) Optional - check with client if field is required Race/Ethnicity Required only for US vendors Veteran Status Required only for US vendors Required only for US vendors Gender Required only for US vendors Effective Date Required - MM/DD/YYYY Format Reason for Request Optional. Max 250 characters
NOTE: If the same timekeeper works at two different rates, provide two entries - one for each rate.
- Save the file with a .csv extension.
- Back in CounselGO, click Submit to upload the timekeepers.
- Locate the template file.
- You are asked to confirm the submissions.
- Click Yes.
- Click the Pending tab to see the list of timekeepers you just uploaded.
- SimpleLegal notifies the client of the submission. They review and approve or reject the timekeepers. Your client may send an email informing you of the timekeeper approval or rejection.
Once the client approves rates, your firm can submit invoices outlining the work of these timekeepers at these rates.
NOTE: When you select a timekeeper on an invoice this rate will populate automatically. But, you can edit the rate on an invoice line item.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.