Normally, when you prepare an invoice for submission, the only requirement is to attach the invoice PDF file. But, the client may ask for a backup file or receipts. You can scan all of the receipts and backup files and save these as one PDF file. Then, you can submit the PDF file along with the invoice PDF file.
To add PDF files, follow the instructions below. (For this particular instruction, we will be submitting an invoice using a LEDES file.)
- Log in to CounselGO.
- Click New Invoice at the top right.
- Click I have LEDES files.
The Upload Files screen appears.
- Click Choose files... in the middle of the page.
- Select the LEDES file (.txt) for the invoice that is stored on your device.
- At the bottom of the page, click Next, Validate Invoices...
- When the Review screen appears, click the Add PDF copy attachment link.
- The Invoice page opens. Click Choose files... in the middle of the page.
- Choose the Invoice PDF file stored on your device and the PDF file containing the backup file/receipts.
- Click Save and Close at the top of the page.
- Verify that the PDF files are attached. (See the available methods below.)
- Click Everything Reviewed. Submit All Invoices.
- You are asked to confirm the submission. Click Everything Reviewed. Submit All Invoices again.
Verify the PDFs are Attached
Now, verify that the PDF files were attached. You have three methods to do this:
- Verify that you see a paper clip icon in the Attachments column of the Review page.
- Click Saved Invoices (x) at the top left. The invoice that was recently saved should be found here. The paperclip icon in-between the Total and Status columns signifies an uploaded file.
- The invoice can be reviewed. Click Saved Invoice to see the record. The attached PDF files display on that page.
Please reference the following video to submit your invoice:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions and we are happy to help.