This article assumes you are familiar with submitting invoices through CounselGO. If not, please see the overview.
Normally, when you prepare an invoice for submission, the only requirement is to attach the invoice PDF file. But, the client may ask for a backup file or receipts. You can scan all of the receipts and backup files and save these as one PDF file. Then, you can submit the PDF file along with the invoice PDF file through CounselGO.
To add PDF files, follow the instructions below. (For this particular instruction, we will be submitting an invoice using a LEDES file.)
CounselGO recommends that you verify that the PDF and LEDES invoice amounts you submit to the client reflect any discounts, so that the PDF and electronic amounts match across formats (PDF, LEDES, etc.).
Upload with the LEDES File
- Log in to CounselGO and choose the appropriate client to work with.
- Click New Invoice at the top right of any page.
- Click I have LEDES files.
The Upload Files screen appears. In addition to the LEDES file, you can upload backup or PDF files here.
Upload Files When Reviewing the LEDES File
From the New Invoice procedure, you have just uploaded the LEDES file and clicked Next, Validate Invoices... When the Review screen appears, you can click the Add PDF copy attachment link.
In the middle of the page, click Choose files... and upload any files for the client's review
Verify the PDFs are Attached
Now, verify that the PDF files were attached. You have three methods to do this:
- Verify that you see a paper clip icon in the Attachments column of the Review page.
- Click Saved Invoices (x) at the top left. The invoice that was recently saved should be found here. The paperclip icon in-between the Total and Status columns signifies an uploaded file.
- The invoice can be reviewed. Click Saved Invoice to see the record. The attached PDF files display on that page.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.