How to use Tax Rate on non-LEDES invoices
When submitting an invoice without a LEDES file, a tax rate can be applied to any line item. this article assumes you are familiar with submitting an invoice. If not, see the corresponding article.
To enter in a tax rate on a line item:
- Enter all the details - the Type, Timekeeper and Description, the Date, Units/Hours and Cost/Rate.
- Tick the Taxable checkbox.
- Enter in the Tax Rate as a decimal number (eg. 15% - .15)
- Enter in the Tax Type (VAT, GST, etc.).
CounselGO performs the multiplies the hours by the rate to get a subtotal. Then, it multiplies the subtotal by the tax rate and adds that amount to the subtotal to get the grand total for the line item.
- After including all invoice line items and details, select Submit to Client.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.