To continue a saved invoice, perform this procedure.
- Log in to CounselGO and select a client to work with.
- Click Invoice Drafts (#) on the top left.
- From here the CounselGO user can open an invoice or delete it.
Work with a Saved Draft Invoice
Click an invoice row to open the invoice.
From this screen you can:
- Add/change information regarding the overall invoice, including making notes and attaching files.
- Set the Client Matter ID and the Firm Matter ID.
Field Description Client Matter ID Select the matter name from the drop-down list. If the matter has not yet been assigned to the vendor, then select Other from the list. Firm Matter ID The matter ID from the source billing system as a means for a law firm to track it back to their records. If a Firm Matter ID is not entered, the Subject/Matter Name will be used
- Click New Line Item to add details below the summary section.
The data fields for entering Invoice Line Items Details are:
Field Description Type Select the line item billing type (hourly fee, expense, or flat fee). Timekeeper Select a timekeeper from the drop-down list Date Enter the date on which the action was performed Description of Services done This is solely to help the biller recognize the line item for themselves. It will not be visible to the client in SimpleLegal Expense Code For Type Expense, select the appropriate code Activity Code For Type Flat Fee or Hourly Fee, select the activity performed Task Code For Type Flat Fee or Hourly Fee, select the task performed Units/Hrs
Enter the # of units (for expenses, flat fees, hours, etc.)
NOTE: SimpleLegal will perform the calculation of (Units/Hours x Cost/Rate) to determine the Line Total. The amount is automatically calculated and the total cannot be input manually. If the total for a flat fee or fixed cost needs to be ensured, then enter '1' as the unit and amount for Cost/Rate.
Cost/Rate Enter the line item cost or hourly rate here. Again, this number will be multiplied by the units/hours to generate the line total. Adj OPTIONAL: Enter a negative amount to reduce the line item by this amount. Taxable Tick the box if this action is taxable Tax Rate Enter the tax rate as a decimal amount - e.g., 0.08 is 8% tax Tax Type Name the tax
- Review all line items for accuracy.
- After verifying that the information on the invoice is complete, click Submit to Client at the top of the screen.
You are asked to confirm your submission.
IMPORTANT! After the invoice is submitted, no further edits can be done. The client will need to be contacted to reject the invoice if more edits need to be made after invoice submission.
Click OK. CounselGO sends an email to the client alerting them that there is a new invoice for review.
Delete a Draft
- Tick the box at the left of the invoice row to activate the Delete Draft button.
- Click Delete Draft to discard the draft invoice. You're asked to confirm your decision.
- Click Yes.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.