Within CounselGO, a biller can invoice for different line item types, including Flat Fees.
This article assumes you know the basics of submitting an invoice. If not, please refer to the article Submit a Non-LEDES invoice.
Flat Fee Line Item on Non-LEDES Invoices
- Select "IF - Flat Fee" from the Type drop-down menu.
- A Description of Services Done entry is required.Add an description that is indicative of the flat fee.
- Type "1" as the Units and then type the total amount for Cost.
- Save the line item.
- Repeat as needed.
- Submit the invoice to the Client.
Flat Fee Line Item on LEDES Invoices
- For submitting a flat fee LEDES invoice, assign the code "IF" to the field/column EXP/FEE/INV_ADJ_TYPE. This indicates an invoice level adjustment on fees, and in this case, a flat fee.
- Set LINE_ITEM_NUMBER_OF_UNITS to "1".
- Set LINE_ITEM_UNIT_COST to the flat fee amount.
- LINE_ITEM_TOTAL amount automatically calculates as LINE_ITEM_NUMBER_OF_UNITS multiplied by LINE_ITEM_UNIT_COST.
- Add an appropriate LINE_ITEM_DESCRIPTION that is indicative of the flat fee.
- Submit the invoice through CounselGO.
Contact Us: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any other questions. We are happy to help.