To find rejected invoices for a specific client, choose the client from the main list in CounselGO and switch to the Rejected tab on the invoices dashboard.
The list shows the following information for rejected invoices:
- Originator: Initials of the CounselGO user who submitted the invoice to the client.
- Date: Date the invoice was submitted (MM/DD/YYYY format).
- Number: Invoice number assigned by the originator/submitter.
- Subject: Description entered for the invoice.
- Currency: 3-character currency code used on the submitted invoice (e.g., USD).
- Total: Amount billed to the client, including fees and expenses.
- Status: Displays Rejected unless viewing a different status tab.
- Reason: If a comment icon is displayed, click on it to see the rejection reason(s) or additional comments provided by the client. The column shows - - - - if details were not provided.
- Status Date: Date the invoice was moved into its current status (MM/DD/YYYY format).
Click on an invoice from the list to view its details page.
NOTE: You may receive an email notification if an invoice is rejected by your client. It is up to the reviewer in SimpleLegal to trigger the email notification. If you do not receive an email notification, you can check the status of a submitted invoice from the invoices dashboard at any time.
The top section of the invoice details page displays information such as the total, dates, and any comments or reasons entered by the reviewer (see the example image below). Review the table for more information about the fields displayed on an invoice's details page in CounselGO.
Amount billed to the client is shown in the top-right corner.
NOTE: The top-right corner displays other amount fields. Values are blank unless the reviewer adjusted the total and/or individual line items before rejecting the invoice. Click here for more details.
|Billing start and end dates entered for the invoice (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
|3-character currency code used on the submitted invoice.
|Date the client rejected the invoice (MM/DD/YY format)
|Description entered for the invoice.
|Notes or comments entered by the CounselGO submitter before sending the invoice to the client (if applicable).
|Displays download options for any files attached to the invoice by the CounselGO submitter before sending it to the client (if applicable).
Lists one or more rejection reasons and/or any notes or other details entered by the invoice reviewer in SimpleLegal.
Make sure to check the Reason section on the right side of the invoice's details page for any relevant information from the client on what needs to be changed or corrected. If this field is blank or you need clarification, contact the client directly for assistance.
You can resubmit a rejected invoice from CounselGO by linking it to the original invoice. Click on one of the options below for additional details.
- Upload the corrected/updated LEDES file and link it to the original invoice.
- Make a copy of the manual/non-LEDES invoice, link it to the original invoice, and correct/update the relevant fields and amounts (recommended if you only have make minor changes).
- Create a new manual/non-LEDES invoice, link it to the original invoice, and fill in the relevant fields and amounts (recommended if you need to start the invoice over).
We also recommend checking with the client for any billing guidelines related to resubmitting rejected invoices before moving forward to avoid additional payment delays.
NOTE: Once you have resubmitted the rejected invoice, you can view the resubmission history and any linked invoices from the details page.